- 1 Medium White Onion
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 3 Medium Stalks of Celery
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 1/3 Cup Of Vegetable Broth
- 4 Cups or 1 Qt of Vegetable Broth
- 3 Handfuls of Kale
- 1 Cup Soy Milk (or other Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk)
- 1 to 2.5 teaspoons salt
- Coconut Bacon (or any other vegan bacon)
- Green Onions
- Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- Or anything else you like
- Roughly chop up the onion, carrots, celery, kale and potatoes and garlic.
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat, and add the 1/3 cup vegetable broth. When it is hot, toss in the celery, carrots, and onions. Sauté the veggies, until they start to look a bit caramelized and delicious. Add the garlic and sautee for one minute more.
- Add the potatoes, kale, salt and veggie broth. Cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. The soup is cooked when the fork easily pierces all the way through the veggies.
- Blend up that soup! Use an immersion blender straight in the pot. Blend until it is perfectly smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can carefully scoop some soup into a standing blender, and blend in very small batches. Remember to not fill your blender up too high or you will have a hot soup explosion!
- Stir in the soy milk or non-dairy milk of choice.
- Sprinkle on some delicious toppings.
ENJOY & SHARE