Penne In Cream Sauce
- 1 pound Penne Pasta, dry
- 2 tablespoons earth balance organic spread
- 2 firm pears (d’anjou or Bartlett), peeled and cut into a ½” dice
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Coarse Salt
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 ½ cups soy milk
- 4-6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 handfuls of spinach or kale
- Ground Black Pepper
- Cook penne pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking…
- Heat the earth balance spread on medium/high in a large frying pan. Add the diced pears, rosemary, and salt, and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until pear is soft. Pour in the white wine and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated. Pour in the soy milk and bring to a simmer. Add the nutritional yeast, cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8-10 minutes on med, or until sauce has thickened and reduced by half. Add 4 handfuls of spinach or kale and cook until wilted.
- When the pasta is done, drain the water and place back in the pot. Pour the cream sauce over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with fresh ground pepper over the top.
ENJOY & SHARE